www.fabiia-australia.com is a website operated by Fabiia Limited, whose details are as mentioned below:
Business address: Fabiia Limited, G08, The Light Box, 111 Power Road, Chiswick, London W4 5PY, United Kingdom
Registered address: Fabiia Limited, Summit House, 4-5 Mitchell Street, Edinburgh EH6 7BD, United Kingdom
UK: 0208 706 0809
International: +44 208 706 0809
Email: [email protected]
Company Registration Number (UK): SC270027
VAT Registration Number (UK): 865 2325 20
“We”, “us”, “our” and “Fabiia” refers to Fabiia Limited. “You” and “your” refers to the person using and/or placing an order on Fabiia’s website.
We need to collect certain data about you which we think is necessary for us to be able to maintain and improve your experience on our website.
When you use our services we may collect the following data from you:.
- Account creation: We store the data which you provide us when you create an account with us.
- Third parties: The third parties we work with: Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Clicky Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools, Microsoft Ads, and our social media platforms which may also collect and store your data which may include IP address, and website interaction history as per their Privacy and Cookie policies.
- Marketing and communications: We will store your preferences in receiving marketing from us, from our third parties and your communication preferences.
We will use your data in accordance with our legitimate interests. This would be:
- For the purpose of completing your order, we will need to share your data with our relevant team members and with our delivery partners for the purpose of delivering the products and/or services.
- To monitor use of our websites and online services to improve your experience on our website.
- To personalise our communications to you, our website, and products or services for you.
- When you have communicated with us by live chat we will store the transcripts for quality, training and security purposes. We will also monitor the IP address of the live chat to prevent fraud.
- When you contact us by email the transcripts will be stored for quality, training and security purposes.
- When you contact us by telephone the calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes.
- To market to you our products and services using third-party dynamic retargeting, if this is appropriate and permitted by law.
We will not share your data unless it is required for completing your order, for example our warehouse team, our delivery partners, our customer care team, etc. Our team may be based outside the United Kingdom, but will comply with the data safeguards as applicable in the United Kingdom. We will not use your data for any marketing activity unless you have specifically opted in to receive the marketing communication from us. Any information you provide us is strictly confidential. You may contact us to check the information we hold about you and to rectify or delete the information if you so desire.
Some of our cookies are strictly necessary as they enable you to use our platform. Analytics cookies collect information on how people use our platform. Functionality Cookies allow us to remember choices you make so that we can provide enhanced features and content to you. Advertising Cookies are used to deliver relevant advertising content to you. Social Media Cookies are linked to social media platform and are controlled by those social media platforms.
Advice on cookies for members of the public is available on the website of Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/). . The section on ‘How can I control my cookies?’ on this webpage could be referred to manage the cookies.
We may update information on cookies so please do visit this page regularly for information on any changes that we may have made.